Time flies and 2018 has already came to an end. I already lost count how many boxes I’ve received from Mits (The Stationery Selection), and yet I still look forward to it every month and exploring all of the amazing stationery goodies selected.
It’s truly a wonderful year in which I got selected as part of TSS design team, got to know all other lovely TSS ladies – Petra, Connie & Skylar (and of course Mits!), explored the stationery world with so many amazing people, expanded my baking studio into a café, etc.
Looking back 2018, I found my stationery collection (stamps / papers / pens / MTs) had crazily expanded and I would like to share with you here my top 5 favourite item from previous The Stationery Selection boxes.
- Delfonics Inner Carry Pouch (March 2018) – yes I can never forget the day when Mits messaged us about this surprise. Absolutely love this pouch and I still carry it around for any journal meet-ups.
2. Classiky Porcelain Stamp & Wax Sticks (May 2018) – it’s really my first ever wax-sealing moment!
3. Sumi-based Watercolour Box (June 2018) – Watercolouring is quite a big trend in 2018 and I love this colour combination so much!
4. MD Notebook Diary Thin (Oct 2018) – Another surprising first time moment to me (I never owned or used a MD Diary before!!) – thanks to Mits for such a precious chance of trying out something new in 2019
5. Maruai Mizuhiki Charm (Nov 2018) – I never knew we’re getting this in last month’s box, so—it’s purely a big surprise and I really love how it looks on my olive TN as a charm ☺
As I said before, watercolouring has been a big trend in 2018 and even for the last box in 2018 offered several related items – wif Art watercolour paper pad, Boku-undo watercolour box, and watercolour brush.
But something caught my eye from this box was actually the Mitsubishi red-blue colour pencil. It made me think of a book: The Ballpoint Doodle Handbook: A red, blue and black inspired activity book, which illustrates how to doodle with only red, blue and black colours. So I made an attempt to do a red-blue lead pencil sketching of one of my café menus – buttermilk panna cotta cup and surprisingly found that red can actually go so well with blue.
In 2019, I wish to continue to share my love to stationery with you here and on my instagram. My New Year’s resolutions in 2019 might just be as simple as that ☺ keep creating, keep journaling, keep loving!
Dec’s box (left) and my attempt sketching with red-blue colour pencil (right)
January page of my MD Notebook Diary, and I can’t wait to start with my hobonichi techo!
Kenry @canrie Instagram